DPACK Installed Applications Reporting
The DPACK portal has recently added a feature that allows DPACK project to provide reporting of applications that are installed on servers (physical, virtual, or hypervisor). To help DPACK users find this information, we have detailed the steps below.
- The DPACK project has already been created from one or more DPACK collector runs
- Access to a DPACK account should already be complete before beginning the following steps.
Step 1: Access Performance View of project
- Locate project to view and click on the name at the top
- Once the project opens, click on the Performance View tab
Step 2: Select server in device list
The Installed Applications list is only for an individual device in a DPACK project and cannot be viewed from when looking at the aggregate information. Select a server from the device list.
Step 3: Select Installed Applications button
To view the list of installed applications on a server, click "Installed Applications". To view the applications installed on different servers within a DPACK project, select a new server from the Device List and a new list of applications will be generated.
- Installed Applications are collected from Windows and Linux targets.
- For vCenter, the ESX server licenses are shown in the Installed Applications area (however, no 3rd party plugin software will be listed there.)
- DPACK recognizes and reports application inventory when communicating directly with the physical or guest OS. Application inventory will not be reported on servers whose data is gathered from a hypervisor manager, like vCenter.